Access to your DD-214s NOW Online at NPRC

It's official; Access to your DD-214s NOW Online.  The National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) has provided the following website for veterans to gain access to their DD-214s online:

Start Your Military Service Record Request (DD Form 214 & SF-180)

Military personnel records can be used for proving military service, or as a valuable tool in genealogical research. Most veterans and their next-of-kin can obtain free copies of their DD Form 214 (Report of Separation) and other military and medical records several ways.